KICKING OFF WORLD POSTURE MONTH WITH A REVIEW OF PROPER POSTURE IN A CHECKLIST FORMAT.
1. Stand up straight: Start by standing up straight with your feet hip-width
2. Align your ears, shoulders, and hips: Check that your ears are aligned with your shoulders, and your shoulders are aligned with your hips. This creates a straight line down the center of your body.
3. Engage your core: Pull your belly button in towards your spine to engage your core muscles. This will help support your spine and keep your posture stable.
5. Keep your chin level: Keep your chin level with the ground and avoid jutting it forward or tucking it in towards your chest.
6. Distribute your weight evenly: Make sure your weight is evenly distributed between both feet. Avoid leaning to one side or putting more weight on one foot than the other.
7. Bend your knees slightly: Keep a slight bend in your knees to avoid locking them, which can strain your joints and muscles.
8. Maintain a neutral spine: Your spine should maintain its natural curves. Avoid arching your lower back too much or rounding your upper back too much.
9. Take breaks and move around: Even with proper posture, it's important to take breaks and move around periodically to avoid stiffness and muscle fatigue.
10. Bring devices up to eye level: To avoid looking down for prolonged periods of time, bring devices such as laptops, tablets, and phones up to eye level.
This will help maintain proper posture and reduce strain on your neck and shoulders. By following these steps, you can maintain proper posture throughout the day, which can help reduce the risk of injury, improve human function, and increase feelings of confidence and well-being.
Need help with your posture? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-535-7373 - Dr. Burge